All Guests participating in a Zipline Tour must:
- Sign a Release of Liability Waiver
- Receive the Mandatory Safety Orientation. This orientation includes a verbal description of the activities and a physical practice on the Training Course.
- Wear closed toes shoes and appropriate clothing.
- Carry emergency medication with them when (e.g. asthma inhalers, epi-pens, etc.)
- Wear the life safety equipment provided by Valley Zipline Adventures.
- Remove any objects from their bodies that may get caught or tangled in the activities.
- Tie back long hair.
- Meet the required height and weight restrictions (see below).
- Pregnant women are not allowed to participate in the Zip Line Tour.
- Children 10 years of age and younger must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or chaperon on tour.
Weight and Height
- Weight restrictions are between 65 lbs and 250 lbs for Zip Tours. Weight limits are strictly enforced, and each guest will be weighed at check in.
- After 7:00pm, the minimum weight and age changes. The minimum weight for Fright Tours after 7:00pm is 100 lbs. The minimum age after 7:00pm is 14 years of age.
- Guests must be a minimum of 4 feet tall (48 inches).
Age Restrictions (If under 19 years)
- Guests 10 years of age and younger must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or chaperon on tour.
- Guests under the age of 19 must have their waivers signed by a parent or legal guardian. [A legal guardian is someone who is court appointed. Extended family members are not considered legal guardians unless a court has appointed them.]
Health & Physical Requirements
- All guests must be capable of moderate to advanced physical activity, carry a trolley, grip handlebars, and be able to walk over uneven, muddy terrain, as well as ascend and descend steeply-inclined terrain and/or short climbs.
- Guests must not have neck, back, shoulder, knee, ankle injuries, heart conditions, or recent surgeries.
- Pregnant women are not allowed to participate in the zipline tour.
- Guests must be physically and mentally capable of following instructions given by Valley Zipline Adventures staff.
- 1.5 hour tour (approximately) with two professionally trained guides
- Use of all necessary equipment
- Training session with guides to learn how to use gear throughout the course
- Please arrive at our parking lot at least 15-20 minutes before tour time. This allows time for the walk from the parking lot to the main site, checking in, signing waivers, and picking up your gear. Tours depart promptly.
- Follow the signs to our base camp. Please stay on the pathway and do not walk along the highway.
- Check-in at our Basecamp (All guests must all sign a waiver to participate)
- Gear up session led by your guides
- Guides will take you through our training course and teach you how to use our equipment
- Next – Zipline! You’ll complete 7 ziplines total on your tour. The first 5 zig-zag across our valley, then a shorter line gets you in place for your last zip, our monster line! The is a dual zip, which means two zip lines side by side. You’ll be racing a friend to the finish!
- Gear down
Things to Bring
- Closed toe shoes are required. Hiking boots or shoes recommended. Vibram FiveFingers, Crocs, water shoes, open toed sandals, etc. are prohibited.
- We recommend to dress comfortably for variable outdoor weather (such as pants or longer shorts) and to bring a hat, sunscreen, and a light cover-up.
- Don’t forget your camera! Just make sure it has a strap for safety. Anything dropped cannot be retrieved until tours finish for the day.
* Please be aware, we cannot be responsible for lost or damaged valuables*
We are aware that zipling isn’t for everyone! If a participant completes the training course but does not want to continue on with the tour, a 50% refund will be allowed. If a participant completes 1 or more of the ziplines after the training course, no refund will be allowed.
- For a 100% refund, cancellations and changes must be made at least 24 hours prior to tour date.
- No refund for cancellations or reschedules within the last 24 hours prior to tour date.
- No-shows will be charged 100% fee.
- If you need to cancel due to illness or medical emergency, we require a doctor’s note from a local Invermere doctor/clinic in order to process a full refund.
- All our tours operate RAIN OR SHINE. We do not refund for inclement weather, unless the weather makes for an unsafe environment.
- We will cancel tours in the event of lightning or thunder; we will reschedule your tour or refund up to 100% of the tour price if this occurs. Refund amount may be based on proportion of tour completed.
- In high winds or other adverse conditions, Valley Zipline Adventures reserves the right to cancel or reschedule tours, based on management’s assessment of conditions. We will reschedule your tour or refund up to 100% of the tour price if this occurs. Refund amount may be based on proportion of tour completed.
*Please be aware, we reserve the right refuse service in the following circumstances:*
- Participants are found to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Inappropriate behaviour/language to staff or other guests
- Anyone that does not meet our official weight restrictions
In any of these circumstances, a refund will not be permitted.